Love you forever

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Uncertainty, Security, Familiarity

Back to the beach we went after dinner tonight.  It was cool, yet the warmth of the sun wrapped around me like a soft, cozy blanket.  It was our reward for a great day, a day of no fighting, yelling, hitting or fits.  A day of children helping, eager to please, eager for their reward.

The water was calm, as was my spirit.  Matt, Anna and Angelina just couldn't wait to get in...but it was so cool!  Allie finally mustered enough courage to join the others, as they splashed, dove and swam in the big ocean.  I brought my camera and took roughly 40 pictures.  The battery continued to exhaust, but I did the best I could.  Some of my favorites are Alaina in mid-air, me, Krista and Alaina and Krista mid-air.   Unfortunately, I had no battery life when the other guys came out of the water.

It was getting late, Bob had to go to the store to get stuff for work and people were setting up a sort of obstacle course.  Turns out, they have kids
races every Thursday.  Something else to do, along with the fireworks. 

We pulled up to the house, and to my surprise, there was my little baby, soon to be big boy, sitting on the grass.  He never liked the grass, always lifting his precious little toes whenever I stood him up in the grass.  He was uncertain as to what it was, how it felt, what it was going to do to him.  So, to see him sitting there, then getting on his hands and knees, starting to make his way towards me, made me proud.  He was apprehensive at first, taking it slow, inching towards me.  As he was about 2 feet away, he broke into a spring, squeeling in delight!  He was confident that he was safe.  He had faith that if anything were to happen, I was right there to guide him, help him, save him.

To have faith like that is amazing.  That's what God wants from me...to have faith like my little baby, and my young children.  To not question whether or not He will be there when I need Him, to not doubt that He will be right there to help me when I fall.  In uncertain times, unsure of what the future holds, He is there, telling me it's ok. I can trust Him as my baby trusts me. 

When I am familiar with my surroundings, when everything is going well, I praise Him, giving thanks for everything.  I love my Lord and my God.  I want to make Him happy, I want Him to be pleased with all I do, and I want all I do to be for Him.  After all, He made the greatest sacrifice, a sacrifice that I would make for any of my children, He died for me.


So, seeing my son sitting on the grass, chasing bubbles, playing with the girls, my heart is full of joy, seeing the children He created, children that I gave birth to, that are part of me and my husband, children that I am leading to my Father.  I pray that I'm doing what I am called to do.  I pray to have the faith that my children have.  I learn from them every day, and for that I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment