Love you forever

Monday, March 3, 2014

Knitting Away

It's been a super busy knitting weekend.  I finished 3 projects.  I finished a dress that I made for a friend's daughter.  It's called "Her First Party Dress" from the book "The Expectant Knitter".

I used Bernat Baby Soft for the top and pleated bottom and Bernat Baby Jacquards for the body of the dress.  It's a self patterning yarn.

Then I made something for 2 of the social workers where I go to group.  I made an  infinity scarf for one, out of Lion Brand Homespun and size 11 needles.  Just cast on 20 and knit for as long as you want then sew the ends together.

And lastly I knit a pair of fingerless mitts.  I believe I posted my pattern already.  I made these out of Cascade Ecowool which is a blend of merino wool and alpaca.  It's a single ply yarn and super soft!!  I got it at Great Pacific Frame and Yarn Shoppe here in Point Pleasant.  
Now I'm working on socks using Cascade paints in a blue variegated for Lisa…one sock down another to go.  Then I need to start the dress for Aunt Michele for Becca and then make a dress for Gianna.  I just love making those little dresses…they are so cute!!

I've been doing real well otherwise.  It snowed again, so the kids were home from school today.  They were going absolutely nuts.  Alaina has a bad habit of screaming like crazy lately, but she finally calmed down.  That's about all….just keeping busy busy busy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment